Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Airplane Woes

Are your airplane woes worse than mine?

1. The day after I was dumped by my boyfriend, I was stuck on an airplane next to a crazy lady for about 4 hours. I then missed my connecting flight, lost my luggage and had to stay in a hotel. I then dropped my necklace in the toilet and used soap that burned the skin on my face. I also fell off of a bus which left a nasty bruise for weeks to come.

2. I was stuck on the Atlanta runway for 6 hours with no food.

3. I've been stuck on runways because the airplane ran out of water.

4. My luggage was lost on my trip to Europe..luckily it was retrieved later.

5. I went through a streak where my luggage and I were always searched. Crying college students must seem suspicious?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't even know you, but i went to school with your new hubby!!! (just saw ya'll just got married! that's AWESOME!!) anyways, i hesitated to write a comment here, but your blog entries had me captivated which is hard to do since i hate reading :) i was laughing SO hard at your first airplane woe...also laughed hard at the duck lips comment about joel. i didn't even know him well in school, but he totally did that face during tests in classes i had with him. totally distracting for a bad test taker!! :) congrats to ya'll! and keep up the blogging...i'm sure it will bring lots of laughter and fun reads for many in the future :) thanks for the fun break in the middle of my day...talk about woes...just one of those "drop the necklace in the toilet" ones :)
Mel (Owens) Simmons

caron said...

wow, mel...I'm sure you never read my blog anymore...but I just noticed you commented! Nice to meet you!