Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Thought I Was Patient Until.....

I used to think I was a patient person until....

1. I went shopping on Black Friday....loud,obnoxious Christmas music, large crowds and I don't mix!

2. I watched a child for an extended period of time....don't get me wrong...I LOVE children...but I'm always happy to give them back to their parents.

3. I tried to sew something.

4. I started nursing school.

5. I lived with room mates..(don't get me wrong ex-roomies-I love you all!)...I just found out that I needed to increase my patience in certain areas :)

6. I tried to lose weight.

7. I usually find out how impatient I am when I try to check my e-mail on a SLOW computer.

What situations make you realize you aren't as patient as you thought?

2 comments:

Holly Tried It said...

I don't think I ever thought of myself as patient, but this brings out the worst in me:
1. Trying to get my daughter to brush her teeth.
2. Whining.
3. People keeping me from getting things done.

Anonymous said...

Well I am sure I personally know at least one of the computers that tests your patience.

So I'm tested when:

1) During a meeting we spend 30 minutes going over the exact same thing we went over the last time the group met.
2) Waiting at a sales register when the clerk and the customer in front of me are visiting long after the transaction is completed.
3) When I am in the back of a plane, waiting to get off, running late and the overhead bins are packed----painful