Here's a few things I wish I would have known...
1. I wish someone would have told me about the marriage 15. I felt fully informed about the freshman 15, but I didn't hear a peep about the marriage 15! It's very devastating to pull on your pre-marriage pants and discover that they are uncomfortably tight...as well as a bit unsightly! Luckily, I'm fitting back in my pre-marriage pants, but there was a few months that I was quite disconcerted about my growing weight. WARNING TO NEWLY MARRIED COUPLES.....just because you are incredibly happy and content..doesn't mean the food won't stick to your hips or waist..or whatever!
2. I wish someone had told me what profession to choose. I've had the HARDEST time deciding. I'm very educated..I just don't have anything to show for it!
3. Laundry...I never knew that 2 people could make so much laundry! I wish I would have known this before I got married...and maybe I would have decided to take over teh mowing responsibilities instead of matching socks and folding a billion pairs of underwear...(j/k...I love doing this for you Hubby!)
What do you wish someone had told you?
4 comments:
I hear ya on the marriage 15!!! I no longer had a dress I HAD to fit into, so I stopped obsessing and POOF! There I was... 20 pounds heavier. I needed that warning, too. :( But I'm sure your hubby, like mine, still loves the curves!
I've never understood this...What is the point of folding underwear? (GASP!) It doesn't wrinkle, it doesn't take up a ton a space, and who's going to know whether you folded it or not? I place it in the same category as people who iron diapers (seriously, Gma C used to iron diapers). Obviously I'm not the "Martha Stewart" homemaker:)
Caron,
First, you should have known about the laundry from living with me!
Secondly, I told you how much weight Bryan had gained.
Third, you never folded underwear at my house. Remember, we told you it was silly? Why are you doing it now?
Now I know you weren't listening to your older sister.
1st of all, I just fold boxers....We have a specific drawer with a tiny little space that they go in.. They have to be folded. I don't fold my underwear..just my hubbies.
2nd, I didn't know that we would have as much laundry as you...There were 4 people living in your house!
3rd, Bryan was very thin when you got married...and he was only like 22. Of COURSE he gained weight!
Post a Comment