Saturday, June 27, 2009

Facebook Do's and Don'ts...

Do write interesting status updates.
Don't write status updates that give a play-by-play of what you do or think every hour. For example...I'm going to the mall, I'm sitting on the couch, I'm parking in the driveway...I'm sleeping....I'm bored...

Do update your relationship status.
Don't post a status update announcing that your wife left you today. (yes, someone has really done this)

Do fill out quizzes or add applications that you like.
Don't send out all of these quizzes and applications to your friends.

Do add people as friends.
Don't assume that all of your facebook friends are real friends...cause they aren't!

Do write a blog or status update about how happy or excited you are about something (unless it violates the afore mentioned rule of course)
Don't write a blog or status update about how utterly depressed you are...you can message that to your real friends..or maybe you should call someone if you are feeling that badly!

Do post a a profile picture of yourself.
Don't think of facebook as a way to advertise yourself as "hot."

Can you think of anything I should add here?

2 comments:

Uecker Family said...

On profile pictures....People should post pictures of themselves or at least they should be in the picture - not just a pic of their child, dog, etc. (although I have done this in the past - I learned my lesson!!)

Heather said...

if i could "like" this post, i would. i have a FB friend who continually posts depression-based status updates. i have a FB friend who actually posted a profile pic of her in her bra. and i, myself, have been known to over-update the status on boring days. but i agree, it's annoying.