Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Funny Quirks

Funny Quirks I've noticed lately

1) I think it's odd that people put "private property" signs on their front doors. Granted, these signs are usually posted all over homes in the rougher areas of town. I find this to be odd. For one, who really wants to trespass on these properties. I usually don't pass these front yards in my car and think "Wow, that would be a great place to have my next front porch party?" I also don't think these signs would deter most robbers....but whatever.

2) I think it's extremely odd when people ask if Joel and I are trying to get pregnant. It is sometimes okay to ask this type of question if you are family. Even then the question should be worded in a way that does not include "trying."

3. Shoes on the side of the road. This has boggled me since I was at the U of MN. I mean, SERIOUSLY, why are there so many shoes on the side of the road???

1 comment:

HollyTriedIt said...

I believe the shoes on the road are part of some weird tradition. You throw a shoe out the window after a big accomplishment, like graduation. But, maybe I dreamed this up. It's nicer than my former bosses idea that they come from domestic violence in moving vehicles. Get mad, throw a shoe, miss, it's forever lost on the side of the road.