Thursday, August 19, 2010

Working OT

This past month I decided to pick up some extra hours at work. I gleefully calculated all of the extra income I'd be providing for Joel and I. I imagined paying off school debt twice as fast and taking glorious trips over seas. I was almost excited to get up at 5 am and get ready for work. That was week one. Fast forward two weeks. Working 6 out of 8 days (12 hour shifts mind you) really takes a toll on a person. I've had the last two days off and pretty much slept through most of day one. I feel a little better today (says the girl who took a nap at 8:00 am), but am still exhausted. I guess there is a reason they pay people time and a half to work those extra hours. I'm trying to find a balance between working, keeping my house organized, spending time with Joel, and being social. I think I'm doing pretty well on the first three....but very badly on that last one. Ughhh...maybe someday I'll find that perfect balance!

No comments: