I've been really struggling with the fact that I'm not employed. Today my mom offered excellent advice when she stated, "Grow where you are planted." So, even though I'm not making any money or using my plethora of education (8 long years to be exact), I can still THRIVE and strive to be the best stay-at-home wife/volunteer/job-hunter ever.
The following is a list of how I'm attempting to "grow where I'm planted." I'm learning how to 1)
manage my household more efficiently 2) take one day at a time 3) trust God (this is definitely a slow process).
3 comments:
Awesome! What a great perspective, Caron.
It's easy to WRITE about keeping a great perspective, but it's not always so easy to practice it! I'm trying. Thanks for commenting!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. I know in this day and time, it just about takes two paychecks to keep things going. I totally agree with the grow where you are planted. I too was a stay at home mom most of the years my kids were younger. As God's word says... what ever we do... do it unto him. That means whether it is washing a dish, folding underwear, or on our knees in front of the toilet making it shiny until we see our reflection... do it as we were doing it for God. Growing with God is a slow process and at times hard. I pray that you will find encouragement as you continue to stive for a closer relationship with our Maker. A friend and I are just starting a blog... we are still wanting to add more things to it... but as God reveals, we will share. I would love for you to drop by sometime and just check it out. We pray that all that visit walk away with a little something. Hopefully at least a lighter heart. Our blog address is 2crackedpots.blogspot.com. Feel free to stop by any time. God Bless and continue to Grow Where You are Planted. Our blog is......
Open Hearts: Listen
"Cracked"
Post a Comment