It was always inevitible. As soon as we got the last suitcase packed in the car, our coolers full of grape soda, our map in our laps...and all 3 of my sisters and I buckled into our car my mom would yell.."WAIT?!? Did I turn off the iron?" I always thought she was loony for doing that...so here's a list of things I've decided I inherited from her.
1. I check my 3 alarm clocks 3 times before I go to bed.
2. I have to sleep with my door closed just "in case there is a fire"
3. I check to make sure my straightener is off at least three times before I leave every morning.
4. I rub my fingers together when I get nervous.
5. I inevitibly wonder if I turned off my curlers ect, when i go on a long trip..
6. As soon as someone stops on a road trip, I all of a sudden wonder if I really have to go to the bathroom...Usually, I'll sit in the car for a minute declaring in my head I dont'....and then my caution kicks in and I run to the bathroom even though I don't really need to go.
So readers, what do you think? Am I crazy...or is it just inherited...I'd argue that it's inherited...but then again I do check my straightener 3 times before I leave every morning. What crazy things do you do?
3 comments:
Yep. You are definitely crazy. Although last night I had to go and make sure the space heater was off, even though I KNEW it was.
I just finished teaching about O.C.D.--I think we're both well on our way there!
Today I decided to check only once. The sink was draining properly while I was defrosting a roast under running water. I ALMOST checked the second time but decided I was being too cautious. Wouldn't you know! While I was downstairs, gallons of water spilled over the edge of the sink unto the wood floor. Some water even trickled through the floor into the basement and unto boxes in storage. What a mess to pick up, and I still had to get ready for company and church! Sometimes it pays to be a little paranoid! Mom :)
Post a Comment