Friday, June 13, 2008

You Know You Live in the South When.....

I live in VA. Most people don't really consider this state to be "the South" unless you grew up in a place like MN. According to us, ANY state south of the Mason Dixon line is "the south." Heck...if you have any sort of twang in your accent...you're DEFINITELY southern.

Here goes. You know you live in the south when....

1. Your fiance grew up playing "Yankees and Rebels"

2. The confederate flag is posted on every truck that you see on the highway.

3. The highway is filled with trucks.

4. The lady at the DMV asks you for a BEAL. When you respond that you don't know what a "BEAL" is...she looks at you like you're the stupidest person on the planet and says, "You don't know what a credit card beal is?" You then reply, "OH, you mean a BILL (emphasis on the I sound)."

5. You eat cheese and grits. Personally, I didn't know what this existed until I moved here.

6. GRITS stands for more than the little white gritty things you eat at meals. Apparently it also means "girls raised in the south." Whatever...I'm a proud GRIN. (Girl raised in the north)

No comments: