Last week, a few people said some things to me that I considered to be very rude. Here they are. Maybe you can all commiserate with me.
1. A guy in my class asked me for the SECOND time if I was pregnant. SOOOO RUDE. I told him yes. Next time he asks I'm going to say something to make him wonder. (BTW..I'm NOT pregnant). I thought it was a rule of thumb NOT to ask someone if they are with child. That's always a question you should wonder about quietly or get the information from friends. SHEESH...I'm not even fat.
2. Another guy in my class asked me when I was married. I told him that the ceremony was in August. He replied,"Wow...and you are already wearing sweatpants." I have no idea what that comment was supposed to mean? Is he saying that I am letting myself go? I told him that I wore sweat pants BEFORE I was married. I think that stylish sweat pants can be cute. Men. They make me mad.
Well..that's all the rude comments I endured this week...but I'm sure I will have more stories in the future. Did anyone say something rude to you lately?
8 comments:
Ouch. Congats on your marriage. Aren't ya glad you are out of the dating pool? I bet he was single, with a mouth like that! :-)
This comment wasn't to me, but I was standing right there.
"Does Brazilian refer to her country of origin or her grooming habits?"
Yikes. Uncomfortable!
Wow..that is uncomfortable.
Boys can be so clueless sometimes...just be glad you aren't married to either of those knuckleheads!
Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. You are all linked up! Check in daily, if you can, to see where in the world we are headed next!
This has got to be on the all-time rudest things to say. I went in for a routine OB checkup. The dr walks into the room with my clipboard in front of his face (he doesn't say Hi, nice to meet you...) and loudly proclaims 5!...7!...9!...Then he walks past me and the fam (still doesn't look at any of us) and sits down. I'm thinking, "That's not the ages of my kids...What is he talking about????" Then under his breath, so that only I can hear him, he grunts, "Must be costing your husband a fortune to feed you!"
#2. I also was asked if I was pregnant a few weeks ago. Seriously? Do I look pregnant? I don't think so, but after that comment I wonder.
Paige,
There is no way on earth you look pregnant! If you're pregnant than I'm an elephant!
Holly
Yeah, she probably just assumed I had to have another one in the cooker. Which reminds me...Right after we had Luke, we were showing him to his brother and sisters. The nurse asked Graham which school he went to and he said we homeschool. She said, "OH! So you guys aren't done having kids!"
Post a Comment