Are there restaurants that kind of turn your stomach if you think about them? Maybe it's because their food made you sick once...or maybe you found a container of worms under your table (yes, this did happen to me)...or maybe you just don't like what they have to offer..Here's my list.
1. Golden Corral. I'm really not into the whole buffet thing...and I did happen to find a container of live worms under my table while eating here once. They were enclosed...but if gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.
2. Old Country Buffet...again...it's a buffet. I've heard too many stories about people not washing their hands..and I'll leave it at that.
3. Any Chinese restaurant. I've tried and I've tried to like Chinese food...I just can't do it!
4. Denny's. I once had a horrible date (a pick-a-date for you Cedarvillians) that took me to this restaurant. He didn't talk to me the ENTIRE night. I thought my night might improve if I ordered a chocolate malt. I was wrong....it ended up being really grainy...and nasty.
5. White Castle. Need I say more?
6. Hardees. I once ordered a mushroom melt here as a child. My dad was paying and picking up the food. I decided to use the restroom...and while I was in there a lady hawked a loogey in the sink. (I have no idea how to spell 'hawk a loogey' I was never taught that in school!) Yuck. I can't erase this horrible memory from my mind. Plus...I don't like fast food. I know, I'm a snot.
7. Burger King....again it is fast food.
8. McDonalds...I hate it when I have to go here..there's my aversion to fast food again.
9. Taco Bell. The little dog just ruins it for me (the food is not that great either!)
10.Boston Market. The whole cafeteria set up makes me feel like I'm back in college.
Which resaurants would you rather not eat at?
4 comments:
We never got to go out to eat as a child (There were 9 in the family.) I've never quite gotten over the wonder of going out to eat - almost anywhere!
I can understand associations with restaurants though.
Mark took me to this "great steak joint" in Farmington. Picture the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld's and you can understand. Add some red-and-white checked plastic tablesclothes...It was fun for the memories, but not somewhere I would choose to eat at again.
Toxic hell, or should I say "taco bell". I heard they use meat graded on par with dog food.
I'm a snob...why eat at a chain when you have great local places nearby.
So glad none of my "favorites" made it on this list!
Have a greeat day!
Post a Comment