Monday, December 22, 2008

You Know You Drive a Diesel When....

So, I am a female diesel driver. I don't have a huge truck, but rather a VW Jetta. I love my little car, but I do get a lot of funny looks from the truck drivers when I pull my little 4-door up to the diesel tank at different gas stations. Anyway, you know you drive a diesel when...

1. Your friends ask you why your car sounds like a Mac Truck.

2. You pay a dollar more per gallon than gasoline drivers have to.

3. You get stuck behind trucks that are carrying farm equipment in the back when you are trying to quickly fill your 12 gallon tank.

4. You wonder if your loud engine wakes the neighbors when you leave early in the morning.

5. You only get your oil changed every 10,000 miles (that's definitely a plus!)

6. When you take your car to the shop because it doesn't work right, you get asked if you are putting the right kind of fuel in the tank...(the worker wondered if I was putting gasoline in my diesel tank)

5 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

So Funny! I just hate when people ask stupid questions!

And the ONLY thing I hate about diesel is the NOISE!

Have a great day!

Mammatalk said...

So, you're the one waking up my kids in the morning. Vroom! :->

Happy 2009!

juecker said...

I miss your blog entries. When are you coming back?

Anonymous said...

I agree!!!

Unknown said...

As a long time diesel car driver..yes I drove a diesel car long before they were cool...I say you go girl. Don't let the hateful diesel drivers....mostly guys in big pickups...give you any crap! What got me through all the hateful comments was the thought that my car will long outlast their hatefulness and costs only a fraction of what they paid for their super huge truck that they don't even need other than to think they look cool. BTW my first diesel and first car was an original 3 speed diesel rabbit, and it rocked.