Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm an ALL or Nothing Kind of Girl

My sister revealed this fact to me the other week...I'm definitely an all or nothing kind of girl. Here's a few facts to prove it.

1. If I can't exercise like I'm training for a marathon or iron man...I don't want to do it at all.

2. If I screw up on my diet...I don't just screw up a little, I eat 5 oreos, a piece of cake and 3 diet cokes in one day. If I remain resolute, it's impossible to get me to eat even one little jelly bean.

3. If I can't clean my house to the point of perfection I want it to be..I leave it for a day that I can. This day sometimes does not come for a couple of weeks.

4. If I plan a study day...it's an ALL day study day. None of this studying for an hour here and there kind of stuff..


hmmm...I'm beginning to think that this all or nothing mode of thought isn't such a good thing...Does anyone else suffer from this mode of thinking?

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I do! It's a daily struggle to try and tame the beast of this "all or nothing" disease. Boy is it tough!

caron said...

It must be a nurse thing!

Blog Stalker said...

I can so relate to this. Add in a little procrastination and it spells trouble!

Have a great day!

Uecker said...

I'm a "work hard, play hard" person. I don't like to mix the two. Not sure it's a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

It's also called "black and white thinking." I actually did pay attention during college! And I am guilty on all counts. It's a very hard thing to break but it must have something to do with our personalities. It's just a part of who we are and I think it will be at least a small part of us forever.

FranticMommy said...

I'm with ya on the "allm or nothing dieting". It seems like when I blow it...I blow it BIG...and it lasts all dang day!