Since it is the eve of Halloween, there has been an abundance of candy coming my way. It is all "fun size." I always wonder why they name these itty-bitty candy bars "fun." I can understand why a king size snickers is "fun," but these bite size mini's just tease you with their chocolatie goodness. I have come to believe that fun size is really from the devil. Here's why...
1. I'm sure these fun size candies were made specifically for Halloween...hence they are CLEARLY from the devil :) (j/k...I do think it is a fun holiday).
2. I've always been one to watch what I eat. These fun sizes are TrIcKy! I always think to myself when diving into a big bowl of small candy "One can't hurt me, right? It's not like I'm eating an entire candy bar?...mmmm...that was good...I think I need to try the reeses peanut butter cup one too...and I can't leave out the twix and snickers...I LOVE Twix and Snickers!....ooohh look! There's a 100 grand...I have to eat that crunchy, chocolatie goodness" Then I add up the calories I consumed from trying to eat just one fun size and realize I really devoured an entire KING size...plus some..See they ARE the devil.
3. They should really be named "You can't eat just ONE size." I think the point above demonstrated why.
4. They should also be specifically labeled with the exact calorie amount...and they should also say "I may look like a fun size, but you won't be thinkin' you are such a fun size when you are struggling to button your jeans next week." Seriously, I think these small size candy bars are the reason America is becoming obese. I would never buy a candy bar...but put these stinkin' fun sizes in front of me...and I let my guard down and consume WAY too many of them!
2 comments:
this is true wisdom. but now i have a chocolate craving, so if you'll excuse me, i need to go raid my kid's candy stash.
Sounds a bit like the thinking of a list keeper (with the exception of sports)
Post a Comment