Thursday, July 28, 2011

If THIS Doesn't Convince You NOT To Smoke.....

We bought a new car last Saturday.  It was used, but only had 27,000 miles on it.  It was also smoked in.  Joel and I didn't think that was a HUGE deal.  Well...it's been five days since we bought the car.  I've vacuumed, scattered baking soda, used bacteria eating odor spray, vacuumed some more, but to no avail.    Today, I decided I would try cleaning the interior with vinegar and water mixed in a spray bottle.  I lightly sprayed the concoction on material portion of the seat.  Then I wiped it down with a microfiber rag.  After a few wipes, I decided I needed to rinse my rag. The picture above shows the water I rinsed my rag with twice.  *Note*-I only cleaned a small portion of our car before rinsing the rag*  How disgusting!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Holly Tried It said...

Uggh! That's gross! You'll have to start wearing your microfiber slippers in there. Maybe they'll help over time.