Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baby Toes and Nose..

Look at Audrey's sweet feet, 

and chubby legs



and adorable nose.


Notes from the author of this blog.
1)  Many ask me, "What I've been up to?"  Hmm...good question.  I've been taking care of a baby.

2)  Someone at church stated "As a mother, you will feel bad if you work or if you stay home."  What a true statement.

3)  I'm afraid I was infected with"comparitis" last month.  Comparitis is a word I made up that describes the syndrome that causes you to compare your child with book statistics. Whew...that can make any mother a hot mess REALLY quickly.  What cured my comparitis, you ask?  Audrey passed her 7 month exam with flying colors yesterday.  Whew...good thing I worried for a month (j/k).

4)  Tis the season of many, many, many evening events at Joel's school.

5)  This year Joel and I decided to try a different diet every month..  So, in January we had no dessert.  In February it was no cheese.  May is no wheat month.  Next month we are only going to eat REAL food.  I read this blog and was therefore intrigued.  We won't be eating all organic food, but we will be eating NO processed food.  That means no canned beans, crackers, cheese.... Does anyone want to join us in this challenge?  Or check up on how we are doing?

6)  Lately, I've been wondering why God placed a small town girl like me in this metropolitan area  (okay, maybe I've been wondering since we moved here).  I'm still not really sure, although  my appreciation for the Midwest has skyrocketed since our relocation.

7)  That being said, there are things I would miss about this NJ if we left.

8)  I've been checking Craigslist for a double BOB stroller.  (No, this is not some kind of pregnancy announcement.  I just don't see the point in buying a single as we HOPE to have another child one day).  Whew.  I really want one, but they are sooooo expensive!

9)  Today, my girlfriend brought flowers and made me an authentic Chinese lunch.  She needs to teach me how to cook.

10)  I've been dreaming of traveling lately.  I have an itch to go to Africa...



4 comments:

Candace said...

Fun to read your updates, Caron! We are looking for a double BOB too...my brother has one and it's super nice. Definitely the Cadillac of strollers. Too bad you have to take out a loan to buy one. Common Craigslist!

EMU said...

So glad Audge is doing fine! :)

We did that lady's 10 day real food challenge a couple years ago. I loved it! You have to put more time and effort into each meal which can be time consuming, but worth it. I'd join you except we will be traveling all next month.

I heart our BOB strollers. Worth every penny!

caron said...

I found a few on Craiglist, but they were still over $200. I'm not sure I'd be able to use it enough in this area of the country? I don't think I want to subject Audrey to extreme temps....

EMU-I think I vaguely remember you doing the real food challenge.

EMU said...

http://teamuecker.blogspot.com/2010/08/10-day-real-food-challenge-review.html