 |
| Hey, It's me. The little bird. I am in my favorite spot....my highchair. |
 |
| Momma, finally decided it was okay to give me finger foods. |
 |
| She wants me to LIKE fruit and veggies. |
 |
| hmmmm.....I'm not so sure about 'em. |
 |
| You eat 'em first, momma. |
 |
| Alright, I'll try 'em if you say so. |
 |
| No BUENO! |
 |
Ain't no way you're gonna get me to try those again!
PS-momma wants you to know that she does put clothes on me sometimes...just not while I'm eating!
|
So, Audrey is eating chopped up tomato in the pictures above. Obviously, she's not a fan!
Did you know it will be in Audrey's first birthday, SOON? Really? The 2 biggest dilemmas I'm facing at this point are 1) Should I have a party? 2) Should I feed her cake? I really don't want to do either. I want my daughter to have a special day...but can't we do that as a family? Parties stress me out. Especially here in NJ where everything is done OVER THE TOP. As for the cake, I know I sound mean, but I don't want her to know that junk food exists. If she doesn't know it's out there, she won't miss it, right??? Am I the meanest mom ever?
6 comments:
Hehe. She's going to know junk food exists if you let her out of the house after the age of 1.5, trust me! It's unavoidable! I learned that lesson quick with DAU.
But if you want to try to hold off for another few months or year or so, I say do it! You're the mama! :)
I'm all for a family birthday party. She will like it. All of you could wear hats and blow noisemakers. Take lots of pictures. Maybe you could freeze some yogurt into a cupcake and decorate with fruit.
Since you don't have family in the area, unless Mom and Dad are visiting, do whatever you want. 1st birthday parties are for the parents anyway. I say have a couple over for dinner and cake. You could make it easy and order pizza and pick up a cake or a couple yummy cupcakes.
EMU-I know...I know...but just MAYBE my child will be the anomaly and hate junk food. *wishful thinking*
Mom-Joel wants a cake. So, we'll be having cake.
Holly-I hope YOU had a great birthday. Maybe Bryan brought you yummy cupcakes and pizza?
You can make semi-nutritious cake by choosing a pumpkin or oatmeal cake.
Ha ha..everyone is VERY concerned b/c I don't want to give her cake. We WILL be giving her cake...Joel is all for it!
Post a Comment