Saturday, September 7, 2013

Race Against Human Trafficking


Today, my friend Steph and I ran a 5K to help fight human trafficking (all the proceeds of the race go to a Christian organization that is opening a safe house for victimized teens and women).  I haven't participated in a race since my marathon back in 2006.  So, it was good to hit the open road again!  I was also excited about this run, because a few months ago I asked God to show me how to help stop human trafficking. A little later this race literally dropped in my lap.  Show me what to do next, God!!!




Steph and I before the race

The starting line

All done and feeling good!



I'll race with you ANY time, Steph!! 


3 comments:

Joel said...

Atta girl!

Mom said...

Is that a skirt (skort) you are wearing? Cute! How nice when we can specifically say, "God answered prayer!"

caron said...

Mom,
It's a running skirt. It has biker shorts underneath.